Sunday 17 November 2013

Hello again!

It's been a long long time since I posted and I'd been wondering about closing the blog. After being very much wishy-washy for so long I've made up my mind to continue writing about things going on in Kyoto and my life in Japan.


Since the last post I've got 3 years older and become a full-time guide. Japan was hit by massive earthquakes in 2011 and Tokyo was choosen to host the 2020 Olympics. The Japanese Yen has been little weaker and the government has tried to open our purses and make us spend more money to stimulate the economy. They said our income has been increasing but so far not many have received their share. Tax has been increasing and consumption tax will increase from 5% to 8% next spring. But people are still in the streets busy shopping, diners and restaurants are full and the city is lively as always.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment